What is a code 43 on windows?
“Error code 43” is one of several device manager error codes. It’s generated when device manager stopped the hardware device whether this device is a hard drive, USB port, and graphic card or any other part of hardware because the hardware reported to Windows that it’s having some undefined problems.
Well, if you are “seeing Error code 43” on your computer screen then it might not be safe for you as far as your privacy is concerned, so be sure you have to security program up and running.
This article is a troubleshooting guide for Error Code 43. The article will guide you in fixing the problems related to error code 43 when USB not recognized, graphic card, printer, webcams, and other hardware related problems.
Note: Follow the steps in the mentioned order without hampering your system.
Let’s get started without further delay!
What causes “Error code 43”?
This issue can be caused if any of the following situations exist:
- Not Properly Configured, Outdated or Corrupt device drivers.
- The device driver is either missing (so windows having problems communicating correctly with the hardware) or the equipment is faulty.
- Error code 43 when USB not recognized Windows 7 because currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.
- The driver not getting completely configured after installing the new hardware in your PC.
- Windows may be missing other significant updates, hardware or software issues.
How to fix “Error code 43”?
Several users have reported that due to the error (code 43) in Windows 7 or Windows 10 has stopped it’s functioning.
Well, you surely are looking for a way to get rid of this error.
To help you with it, we have managed to gather a list of steps to guide troubleshooting for code 43 error, and we highly recommend to follow these steps to fix this issue.
See Also: fix Error 0xc004f074 by Malware brains
- To begin the process, restart your PC if you haven’t done so by now. There is always a chance your Windows has stopped due to some temporary problem with your hardware.
If so, restart of your PC might fix the problem and could get your Windows going so; you might want to try that as well to correct the error.
Note: Some of the users have also conveyed that powering off their PC entirely and then turning it back on after few minutes has fixed their issue, exclusively if it exists on a USB device. In case of a laptop, turn it off, take the battery out, Wait a few minutes then put the battery back in place and start the laptop to see if it’s done.
- Did you make a change to your device manager or install a new hardware device just before “Error code 43” appeared or Windows has stopped functioning.
It’s entirely possible that change you made to your device manager caused Windows to stop functioning. So undo the change you made, restart your computer and check again to see if it’s fixed.
Important: To fix error code 43 USB in Windows 10, first uninstall every device under the USB controller hardware group in device manager as part of the driver reinstall. This category includes USB root hub, mass storage device, and USB host controller.
- Be sure to check that your drivers are updated. It’s also very possible that installing the latest drivers for the device could help you to fix the error (code 43).
If installing the new drivers does remove the error, it means that the stored drivers were probably outdated or damaged.
- Several users also reported that updating the BIOS help them to fix the problem so, check whether your BIOS is updated or not.
If no, then it could be the reason causing the specific error.
- Don’t forget to check your Microsoft’s service packs for Windows are updated, if not, we would suggest you to, do so now and install the latest service packs and patches.
- If the “Error code 43” is popping-up on an external device like a USB stick or other hardware components, then you don’t need to be worried.
In such cases the potential fix for the problem would merely replace the data cable that connects the device to the computer.
- A problem within the device might be causing the error code 43, in which case replacing the hardware is your next logical step.
In general, this is the solution to the problem but I wanted you to try the easier, and free, software-based troubleshooting ideas first.
There could be another possibility, while not very likely, is that the device is incompatible with Windows version. Whatever the circumstances are you can always check the Windows HCL to be sure.
Note: If you’re sure that hardware is not causing the above error, you could also try a repair install of Windows. If that doesn’t work, try a clean installation of Windows as well. I don’t recommend doing either before you replace the hardware, but you may have to give them a try if you’re out of other options.
Finally, if the error still persists the only option you are left with is to knock the doors of
Microsoft support team and let them know the error message you have been getting and ask
them to provide you with a new product key.
In some cases, the key might as well be blocked by Microsoft for security reasons when a
user might have attempted to activate their Operating System multiple times.
If you don’t already have an active malware protection, we recommend you to install MBMRT Malware removal tool by Malware Brains.
This is the best security tools and utilities that creates a firewall
against Virus as well as Malware.
So, to reactivate the product key or to acquire a new key you will have to call their support
Microsoft : https://support.microsoft.com
Conclusion:One of these methods will definitely help you with the windows computer error when followed in the given manner.
But to avoid any accidents always keep the drivers of your system updated or properly configured, and for that, we recommend DRIVER TONIC.
If you have any additional questions regarding this issue, let us know in the comments section below.